Join Our Team | Outward Bound Costa Rica
It’s never to early to start planning your Spring and Summer. We have one more internship opening for a Video & Media Production Intern. Join us at our rainforest base in Costa Rica!
Forget about delivering coffee and writing posts that never see the light of day. You will directly support our Media & Marketing Manager in organizing logistics for our summer high season, assisting in collecting participant evaluations post course, and creating engaging content for web and social platforms. Interns will develop a substantial portfolio of work and gain valuable experience. Everything you do here will serve a purpose in helping more people experience all that Outward Bound Costa Rica has to offer.
June to August is our organization’s high season, during which approximately 250-350 students travel to and from Costa Rica to participate in our courses ranging from 1 to 8 weeks. We’re looking for an intern to organize and be responsible for student logistics in addition to producing videos, drafting blog posts, and social media communications.
To intern at Outward Bound Costa Rica, you don’t have to be an expert in outdoor adventure or Costa Rica—in fact, we love people who are curious and eager to learn and we are happy to help you grow. But, we do look for driven individuals who are not afraid to jump right in.
See below for brief summary and full downloadable job description.
Video & Media Production Intern
- Overseeing student arrivals and departures at the airport during high season.
- Issuing, collecting, and compiling all participant evaluations.
- Gathering photos that instructors take from course and organizing them in our databases.
- Being a creative force of content idea generation.
- Crafting video scripts and planning shot lists.
- Coordinating video pre-production, field production, and post-production efforts.
- Producing promotional videos and photos on courses and around the rainforest base.
- Setting up camera, tripod, and audio equipment.
- Interviewing students on camera and off camera for quotes.
- Leading post production efforts from editing and audio to compression, formatting and exporting.
- Drafting social media copy to publish created content.
Duration of Internship
The Video & Media Production Internship is from February to August 2018. This internship is located at our rainforest base in Tres Rios, Costa Rica. Actual dates of arrival and departure will be agreed upon at contract signing.
How to Apply
Deadline to submit is as soon as possible. We will begin the review process as soon as we receive your application.
Be sure to download and read the full job description to see if you qualify for the intern role. Submit your cover letter, resume, and samples of your work to Deb Woolley, Director of Marketing & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify the role your applying for in the subject line (ex. Video & Media Production Intern Application). Be sure to include details on your availability, both for interviews and ultimate start date, as well as how you heard about this job opportunity. No phone calls please.