Outward Bound Costa Rica does not provide travel or medical insurance for students on course. Some insurance companies have different policies for traveling outside the country and some have stipulations that do not cover adventure activities.
If your plan does not cover you fully overseas, we recommend that students (especially those joining us for semester courses) research short-term international insurance policies. Many travel agents and private companies offer plans that will cover health care expenses overseas including emergency services such as medical evacuations.
International Insurance Websites That Help:
- Lonely Planet’s website, detailing insurance topics within Costa Rica
- The U.S. State Department’s page on health issues while travelling abroad – an excellent overview
- Travel insurance that we recommend for our students
- A list of medical providers abroad by the U.S. State Department
- Review.com’s Best Travel Insurance review